Monday, February 9, 2009

Good news

Ella is still in the hospital here in Victoria but they almost sent us back to San Antonio yesterday. Because of the infection, she is on IV antibiotics and yesterday her IV blew, which means it wasn't usable anymore. Our little girl is a hard stick (a couple of nurses tried and couldn't get it), so they thought they were going to have to send us back to San Antonio to get a bigger IV. They got on the phone and called the nurse manager who was leaving church and came right over. Before she tried to get the IV, I asked her if she minded if I prayed over her and Ella, she was glad to have the prayer and I believe God worked a miracle, because she got the IV on her first try. This means that we are able to stay in Victoria, but we will be in the hospital until at least Thursday.


Through a course of tests, they found that the broviac site had bacteria and there was also bacteria in her blood. If there is a bright side to bacteria, it is that it is a light strain that responds to antibiotics (as opposed to the resistant strain). A cardiologist came to examine Ella's heart today and make sure there was no vegetation(from the bacteria) growing around or on her heart from the broviac, and he gave us an all clear. Praise the Lord!!

I was reminded today about how optimistic my blog was in the beginning of Ella's stay in the hospital and I am now reflecting on how far we have come. There are lots of things that I could be angry about or cry about or shake my fist at heaven over, but today when Ella was upset because of the 50 millionth(made up word)test she calmed down because I gave her kisses on her check and called her my baby girl. The smile on her face and laughter in her eyes reminds me that God knows her future and will help erase the past 5 months in her mind.

Pray for our baby girl to continue to improve and grow...grow...grow!! (when I get an updated weight I'll be sure to let you guys know.)

1 comment:

blaird said...

I stumpled upon your blog by accident when I typed the Name Baby Ella as that is the name of 6 month old daughter. I cried so much reading everything your beautiful and brave Baby Ella has gone through. She is a fighter, and I will continue to watch her progress as she gets stronger and stronger, and I will pray for her to continue to gain weight.
You are a wonderful mother to baby Ella and you give her strenght. I admire you very much, you have not lost faith in God and he is watching over you and your beautiful baby girl. I will keep you both in my prayers. From one mom of a baby Ella to another.