Friday, March 20, 2009

Tired of small

The only time we take Ella out, is for her doctor's visits and without fail someone will notice how small she is and feel the need to make a comment about her size, and ask how old she is. This is a loaded question for me...if I tell them the truth, which is 6 months, they are going to ask what is wrong with her, because have you ever seen a 6 month old that is only 6 pounds. So, instead I tell them she is 2 months(her adjusted age - from her due date of Christmas day) which is still a stretch, because she is still smaller than most full term babies.

This was a comment that I detested while she was in the hopital but I have to admit that now I dislike it even more. : )

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Christy - Hang in there, and just ignore them. I had the opposite problem with my son. He weighed 20 pounds when he was only 4 months old and 35 pounds (wearing 3T clothing because he was so long) by the time he was 1. I had people constantly coming up to me and asking what was wrong with him because a kid "that old" should be walking and talking. It's amazing how inconsiderate some people are. We are rooting for you, and I am so excited to hear that Ella is doing so great! Venae

Anonymous said...

Hey Christy,
Ella looks so good!! She is getting so big!! I am so glad everything is going so good for ya'll and Miss Ella! I love getting to see the pictures of her...especially the ones of her smiling...she looks so happy! Take care
Stacey (from your favorite place...Methodist NICU)

Anonymous said...

Hey Christy - Glad to follow Ella's story.... You guys have gone through a lot! You have a beautiful 'diva'! Just to let you know that my prayers have been with you through the months. There isn't a week that goes by that I don't check in on the website to see how things are going.... Hopefully we'll run into you guys in town sometime.
Take Care! Gail