Thursday, November 6, 2008

Big girl

I stand by Ella's bed everyday and notice everything about her...the way she starts getting fussy about an hour into her feedings (full tummy), how she smiles when I call her my baby girl(it might be gas but I don't care), that she doesn't like getting her diaper changed, and today I learned that when she is crying during kangaroo care that she likes to be rocked. Micro preemies don't like to be touched and stimulation like singing, touching, and rocking upsets them because they are not ready to be touched.

Today, I got to rock Ella when she was fussing and she enjoyed it, that makes her a big girl. Now I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. They also increased her feedings today and hopefully she will have gained weight. She is still at 1 pound 11 ounces but we are looking for more weight gain soon. Her lungs still need to mature so pray for them to grow so she can get off the oxygen. Otherwise another good day here for our BIG GIRL Ella.

No comments: