Thursday, November 13, 2008

World still turns

Ella is up to 13ml of milk every three hours, and they will increase it by 1ml every twelve hours. So far, she is digesting all the milk and our big girl is 1 pound 12 ounces now (800 grams) and I'm sure will be up to 1000 grams in no time.

Today Ella and I had a visit from some pastor friends of ours from out of town and their prayer over her was a blessing and a balm to my tired soul. I know that I sound melodramatic, but here in the NICU we have made new friends but they only know the Christy that has a daughter in the hospital. The prayer for Ella today was my past touching her future and it made me believe even more that she is going to have an amazing story that will touch people in ways that I could not. God has given our super girl a ministry and she is only 1 pound 12 ounces.

1 comment:

Joe and Tammy Coffey said...

I am so happy to see that Baby Ella is eating again. Especially that she is demanding her food! I love the picture you posted of the ring on her arm and the one of her with her eyes wide open. She is so cute. Is that red hair I see on her little head? Joe and I will be up soon to visit and take you to eat.