Thursday, October 16, 2008

1 Pound 3 ounces

We have reached a milestone today - Ella weighs 1 pound and 3 ounces or 550 grams to all of you who are in metric land. You may be thinking that I have lost my mind (which is possible)since I am celebrating an ounce but to everyone that has been following this blog you know that small steps in the NICU are a reason to celebrate. They have increased her feeds again and she is up to 6 ml every 3 hours - this is fabulous since she started at .3 : )

Ella's lungs look better today, but they are going to continue the medicine and see how they look tomorrow. Her bowels are still large but her girth (measurement of her tummy) is smaller and everything is moving well so they are going to continue watching.


Pray for Ella to gain more weight, lungs to continue improving, and the bowels to clear. Also, pray for me because I am solo right now since everyone had to go back home to work and attend to things there.

No comments: