Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Small Victories

Today is Ella's two week birthday and she has been off the respirator for 48 hours!! YEAH! They started a new medicine for her hand yesterday and it might just be my imagination but I think it is improving (whatever function she can get back is alright with me).

Also, she is taking the milk and pooping! This might seem strange to some of you, but when your child's life depends on her intestines working you throw a party for poop. We started praying a blessing over her milk every time they did a feeding and I don't think coincidence has anything to do with the digestion...it is God's blessing in her life.

Pray for the continued digestion of milk and for the test today on her liver that is shows a healthy connection. Also, pray for me because my blood pressure has been elevated and there is not much I can do about my stress levels.

6 comments:

Mary Thomas said...

Praise God and Jump for Joy! Another chapter in the testimony. We will pray for your blood pressure and your strength. Courtney tells me the bible class continues to pray for you and Ella every day. Everyone at school misses you and is praying.

Unknown said...

We wanted to share a blessing with you that our dear friends here prayed over us last year:

Psalm 20:5 We will shout for joy when you are victorious and will lift up our banners in the name of our God. May the LORD grant all your requests.

We are praying with you and standing on God's promises that he works all things together for good for those who love Him. We are shouting for joy with every victory that Ella has!

Lots of Love, Nicci and Dan

Theresa Wittig said...

Christy... I will continue to pray for Baby Ella! I'll have my own "poop party" right here to help you rejoice! :-) I will continue to pray for you and Aaron as well. You have such wonderful support... it is such a blessing to read all the comments posted!!!! Praying for God's healing.... Theresa

Liz Moreno said...

Wharton Abundant Life rejoices with you. The Lord IS good, all the time.We will continue to lift you up in prayer till the victory is totally manifested.

Cousin Donna said...

Praise the Lord for poop!!! :)

Chris and Amy Royael said...

Thank you God! We are rejoicing with you for these daily victories. We will be praying for your b. pressure to go back down. Try and lay down or put your feet up as much as you can and drink lots of water :) No easy task I know! We miss you and will continue to pray!