Thursday, October 9, 2008

Red letter day

We have reached many milestones today which makes this a red letter day. Ella weighs 1 pound and 2 ounces!!! That may not seem like much but it means that she is gaining weight the right way with milk instead of swelling. Also, they have stopped the IV nutrition which is also another great sign that she is getting her nutrition from the milk and is tolerating it well. The blood tests came back and her bilirubin is lower - her liver is getting even healthier!!

Ella is 3 weeks old and we might get to hold her today...we'll add a picture if we do!!

2 comments:

Patti said...

Dear Christy,
Just wanted you to know MOM to MOM that I am praying especially for YOU. You are her BEST medicine! Take care of yourself and let that man of yours be your strength~he NEEDS to do that! I have done the hospital thing with my son (he's a stroke survivor)and I know how overwhelming it can be at times, but remember you are never alone-HE is with you. He isn't just beside us for awhile, He goes THROUGH each moment with us. Nothing overwhelms HIM! I just wanted you to know that there's a Mom out here and I have your back! God Bless you and your sweet family!
Patti Marshall-Jason's 2nd CUZ in Moody
Txmamamarsh@aol.com

Patty Werner said...

Christy
I have read all of your postings and see how far all of you have come. Please know that I am thinking of you often and wish for you the very best.