Sunday, October 26, 2008

Right hand

I have avoided a subject in the blog that is getting to the point where I can't ignore it, and that is Ella's right hand. As you know, if you have been reading this blog, that Ella's right hand was damaged by the IV line (or something related to it) and it has slowly died. At first, it was a devistating loss for a miracle girl like Ella, but during my prayer time I feel like God let me know that we are to raise her to be a strong independent woman that doesn't let the loss of her hand bother her or stop her from doing everything she wants to do. Looking at her future I can see her speaking to children about what they can do if they have a set back like her hand. I'm sure that Ella will be a beautiful girl that will attract people by her big personality, strong spirit, and loving heart. We have no doubt that she will accomplish everything she wants to....who knows maybe she will become a neonatologist and heal small babies like her.

I tell the story of her hand today because when the time comes it will come off by itself and will not require surgery. From the looks of her hand now, the time may be soon and we would like your prayers for it. Pray for her protection from infection, for Aaron and I because that may be a trying time, and that it will happen without pain to her. Thank you for all the love and support during Ella's time in the hospital and for the love that she will receive when she gets to come home.

2 comments:

Deanna said...

I love you all. Keep your eyes and heart stayed on Him.

Mary Thomas said...

Christy - Your prayers the other day for my little girl meant so much to her and to me as her mom. I know you understand this now too. The best way to bless any mom, is to bless their children. I very much look forward to meeting your precious little girl. I know this time has been difficult and joyous at the same time. Ella will do EVERYTHING God designed her to do and there will be no limitations on her life. We will continue to pray for Ella, and you and Aaron. We love you and know in our spirit that Ella will be used as a mighty testimony to the glory, and grace of our Lord Father.